The City of Takoma Park is seeking qualified proposals from architectural and space planning professionals who have experience in working with public libraries to provide space planning services for the Takoma Park Maryland Library, leading to a program of requirements and conceptual designs.
Additional information relating to this RFP on Library Space Planning consists of the following:
- Names of those who attended the site visit
- Site visit questions and answers from July 25, 2014
- Information regarding the age and capacity of heating and cooling equipment in the Library
- All architectural drawings relating to the Library. These are as follows: The bottom seven are original as built drawings from 1954 – Ronald Sensman Arch. ; The middle seven are for the Library addition in 1968 – Philip Mason Arch.; The top four are from the Library renovation in 1990 – Lippman Davis. The original drawings are very light. All drawings are available and can be viewed at the Library by arrangement.
Sign-in Sheet from the Site Visit:
- Michael Patrick | Barnes Vanze Architects
- Jeffrey Luker | Quinn Evans Architects
- Robert Hannan | Setty
- Gary Getz | MRA
- Greg Lukmire | Lukmire Partnership
- Kristen Hogue | GBA Architects
Additional Site Visit
On August 8, by representatives of: Bignell Watkins Hasser Architects.
The only new question that was raised had to do with the extent of overlap of the Library and Computer Center hours of operation. This was in the context of possible expansion of the Library into Computer Center space. Here are the current hours – which are always subject to change.
- Library hours: Mon and Wed 12-9; Tues and Thurs 10-9; Friday 12-6; Saturday 12-5; Sunday 12-5.
- Computer Center hours: Mon through Fri 12-8; Saturday 12-6; Sunday 12-5.