The Takoma Park Police Department is responsible for issuing parking permits for the City of Takoma Park. Permits are required for designated permit parking areas of the City of Takoma Park.
Parking Permit Information & Instructions
- Parking permits for designated permit parking areas expire on June 30.
- Permits by mail are for residences only, with a $1 charge for mailing and handling.
- In-person purchasing is required for businesses and for Area B permits.
- Residents should complete application form and return with payment to the Takoma Park Police Department. Photocopies of the current vehicle registration card for each vehicle and a driver's license for at least one owner must be submitted with the form. Attachments must show a current Takoma Park address in the requested permit area. Include a day and evening phone number.
- A decal and year sticker for each registered vehicle will be mailed back within three business days of receipt. Two visitor parking permits will be included for each address.
- Business in the permit areas should submit the names of employees on company letterhead with their request. Not more than three employee permits are allowed. A home-based business must show evidence of a currently operating business which is current on payment of personal property taxes.
- Nine Area B permits are available on a first-come, first-served basis to residents living more than .75 miles from the Takoma Metro station. Call for date applications are accepted.
Parking Permit Costs
- $12.50 One-year permit
- $20.00 Two-year permit
- $1.00 Mailing & handling charge.
Hybrid or all-electric vehicles are eligible for a 50% discount.