On October 4, 2013, Washington Adventist Hospital (WAH) submitted an application for approval to move most of its hospital facilities to a site in the White Oak area. The application for a Certificate of Need (CON) for the new hospital will be considered by the Maryland Health Care Commission over the coming months. A copy of the application document is available here. Besides the main application document, there are many exhibits of interest in the Appendix. Exhibits more applicable to the application to move are Exhibits 1-5, 13-34, 55-61, and 64. All exhibits and application are avaiable for download and review as PDF below.
Washington Adventist Hospital is proposing to leave a number of health services on its Takoma Park campus, including a rehabilitation center, urgent care services, prenatal services, wound care, laboratory services, and its inpatient adult psychiatric care center. Washington Adventist University may lease some of the hospital building for university facilities. Some physician offices would remain on the site or in the medical office building adjacent to the hospital. Much of the existing hospital building would be vacant space that may be available to rehabilitate and lease at a later date.
The City of Takoma Park will be closely following the review of the application and will be interested to hear from residents about the proposal. A public forum on the topic is scheduled for the evening of December 9, 2013, beginning at 7:00 pm. Important information is included in the December 2013 issue of the Takoma Park Newsletter. Questions about the project may be directed to Deputy City Manager Suzanne Ludlow.
Deputy City Manager
Application for Certificate of Need
Response to Completeness Questions
- Response To Completeness Questions.
- Exhibit 65 - Physical Capacity Bed Chart
- Exhibit 66 - Kaiser Permanente Supporting Data
- Exhibit 67 - Washington Adventist Benchmarking
- Exhibit 68 - Department Capacity Table
- Exhibit 69 - Capitalized Interest Fund Table and Debt Service Payments Table
- Exhibit 70 - Policy 3.19.2 Public Disclosure of Charges
- Exhibit 71 - Public Notice of Financial Assistance and Charity Care
- Exhibit 72 - Travel Time Table
- Exhibit 73 - Takoma Park Travel Time Map
- Exhibit 74 - White Oak Travel Time Map
- Exhibit 75 - Other Hospitals Travel Time Study
- Exhibit 76 - Development Schedules Options A, C and D
- Exhibit 77 - Policy WWS.9518 Scheduled Procedures in Labor & Delivery
- Exhibit 78 - ABH Policy LD-38; Performance Improvement Plan
- Exhibit 79 - Development Schedule Option B
- Exhibit 80 - Financial Projections and Assumptions
- Exhibit 81 - Amended and Restated Master Trust Indenture
- Exhibit 82 - MTI Supplement 1
- Exhibit 83 - MTI Supplement 2
- Exhibit 84 - MTI Supplement 3
- Exhibit 85 - MTI Supplement 4
- Exhibit 86 - MTI Supplement 5
- Exhibit 87 - MTI Supplement 6
- Exhibit 88 - MTI Supplement 7
- Exhibit 89 - MTI Supplement 8
- Exhibit 90 - MTI Supplement 9
- Exhibit 91 - MTI Supplement 10
- Exhibit 92 - Amortization Table Option D
- Exhibit 93 - MSGA Projections and MSGA Population Growth Rates
All files PDF.