The Safe Roadways Committee serves in an official advisory and coordination role to the City Council on all matters related to transportation. The purpose of the Committee is as follows:
- To advise the City Council on transportation-related issues including, but not limited to, pedestrian and bicycle facilities and safety, traffic issues, and transit services.
- To encourage Takoma Park residents to use alternatives to driving, including walking, bicycling, and transit.
The Committee was established pursuant to Chapter 2.12, Article 2, of the Takoma Park Code.
The Committee consists of up to 11 persons to be appointed by the City Council. Efforts shall be made to have representation from each of the City's wards. Members may serve for no more than six years continuously. Committee members shall serve staggered two-year terms. All terms begin on July 1 and end on June 30. Midterm vacancies are filled to serve the balance of the unexpired term.
- Elizabeth Cattaneo
- Joe Edgell (Chair)
- Nicholas Finio
- Sheryl Gross-Glaser
- Katherine (Kacy) Kostiuk
- Michael Vincent McCabe, Jr.
- Ryan Morden
- Sharon (Wren) Rogers
There are three vacancies on the Committee.
The Safe Roadways Committee generally meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. Check the City of Takoma Park Calendar for up to date schedule information.
To contact the Safe Roadways Committee, please send an email or attend one of our monthly meetings.
Documents of Interest
- Snow, Peds, Bikes, & City Operations (SRC Presentation to the City Council on April 21, 2014) (PDF)
- Snow and Ice Storm Response Recommendations to the City Council (March 3, 2014) (PDF)
- Bikeshare Position Paper to City Council (February 1, 2014) (PDF)
- Safe Roadways Annual Report and Presentation (January 15, 2015) (PDF)
Agendas and Minutes
All Agendas & Minutes link to PDF files.
- November 18, 2014 - Agenda - Minutes
- October 14, 2014 - Agenda - Minutes
- September 9, 2014 - Agenda - Minutes
- August 12, 2014 - Agenda - Minutes
- July 8, 2014 - Agenda - Minutes
- June 12, 2014 - Agenda - Minutes
- May 8, 2014 - Agenda - Minutes
- April 10, 2014 - Agenda - Minutes
- March 13, 2014 - Agenda - Minutes
- February 20, 2014 - Agenda - Minutes
- January 9, 2014 - Agenda - Minutes