The Takoma Park Board of Elections plans and conducts regular and special City elections in coordination with the City Clerk.
Duties of the Board of Elections
- Plan and conduct regular and special City elections in coordination with the City Clerk.
- Encourage voter registration in the City.
- Conduct voter education programs; prepare and distribute voter outreach materials.
- Recommend to the Council amendments to the City’s elections law and regulations when it deems such amendments are necessary and will provide for the improved conduct of elections.
- Periodically review City elections procedures.
- Serve as election judges in City elections.
- Recommend additional qualified individuals to the Council for appointment as election judges during a regular or special City election.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to the Board of Elections by Charter, ordinances and resolutions, and by the direction of the Council.
The Board consists of up to seven residents appointed by the City Council to three-year terms.
- Marilyn Abbott (Chair)
- April Kissel
- Oliver Njong
- Jim Roberts
- Paras Shah
Applications may be submitted to the City Clerk. For information, call 301-891-7267.
- Board of Election Application (Currently Unavailalbe)
All meetings are open to the public. Meetings are generally held at the Takoma Park Community Center -- Sam Abbott Citizens' Center, 7500 Maple Avenue in Takoma Park. Please check the City Calendar and the City Council Rolling Agenda for the most up to date information about meeting dates.
Takoma Park Board of Elections Documents
- Takoma Park Code, Title 5 Elections (see Ch. 5.24 Board of Elections)
- Board of Elections Bylaws (Currently Unavailalbe)